Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Let the Games Begin!


Not sure what it is about the Summer Olympics, but it is the only time that I watch sports like gymnastics, volleyball, swimming and track and field. I realize that the games' host country has a sad record for human rights and an envirnomental record that is less than desirable, but still I find that once again ... like four years ago ... I'm really looking forward to watching the games. So what is it that causes me to sit and watch sports I would normally pay no attention to? Is it the prospect of seeing human drama unfold; is it seeing the best and the worst in sportsmanship; is it chance the witness the unexpected; is it the chance to see glimpses of a country I haven't visited before; is it the chance to be introduced to people I've never heard of; or is it the chance to stay up way past my bedtime? I am not sure what it is, all I can say is "let the games begin!"

No comments: